Focused On Finding Efficient And Effective Legal Solutions
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Juris Doctorate - 1981
- Honors: u.c. davis law review, associate managing editor
- Honors: Neumiller Moot Court Competition, Outstanding Oral Advocate
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. - 1978
- Honors: With Highest Honors
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Business Trial Attorneys, Member
- American Inns of Court, Louis Welsh Chapter, Barrister, 2019 to 2020
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Mulvaney, Kahan & Barry, Senior Attorney and Associate
- Hon. Donald Burnett, Jr., Idaho Court of Appeals, Judicial Clerk
Mark Raftery offers nearly forty years of experience in the areas of business, community association, construction, construction defect, employment, labor, personal injury, and real estate litigation. He has successfully tried numerous jury and bench trials throughout California, as well as arbitrations and administrative proceedings.
Before joining our firm, Mark worked for one of California’s leading law firms, practicing in the areas of construction, construction defect, and community association law.
Mark received his bachelor of arts degree in political science from the University of California, Santa Barbara with highest honors in 1978. He obtained his law degree from the University of California, Davis, School of Law in 1981. During law school, Mark wrote for and was the Associate Managing Editor of the UC Davis Law Review. He was also named Outstanding Oral Advocate in the Neumiller Moot Court competition. After law school, Mark served as a judicial clerk for the Hon. Donald Burnett, Jr. of the Idaho Court of Appeals.
Mark is a member of the State Bar of California, San Diego County Bar Association, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, and Consumer Attorneys of San Diego. He is also a Barrister in the Louis M. Welsh Inn of Court in San Diego. Active in the community, Mark is a past President and former longtime board member of the Foothills Bar Association in El Cajon, where he remains a member. He has served on the Board of Directors of the East County Family YMCA since 2003.