PLEASE NOTE: In response to the threat of COVID-19, we are offering Zoom or telephone consultations to interested persons. Please contact our office to review the options available to you.

Trial Attorneys Committed To
Protecting And Defending Your Rights

Appealing Adverse Decisions In Administrative Matters And Civil Trials

At Donald R. Holben & Associates, APC, we provide skilled appellate representation in both civil and administrative matters.

Appealing A Civil Trial Judgment

If you were a plaintiff or defendant in a civil trial and your matter is advancing to appeal, it is important to work with an experienced appellate lawyer. In many cases, civil trial lawyers will not handle appellate work. In other instances, a trial lawyer may be willing to represent you during an appeal, but he or she may not have the necessary experience to obtain the result you are seeking. That is why we encourage you to contact our law firm.

Administrative Appeals

For those who have received an unfavorable ruling in an administrative hearing, it is important to understand that you also have the option to appeal the decision. Our law firm is well-positioned to represent you in these matters. We have an established administrative law practice, led by attorney Donald Holben, so we understand the nuances of administrative remedies. As a team, we have successfully helped many clients bring and defend against a wide range of administrative appeals.

Appealing An Administrative Decision In An Employment Law Matter

In California, parties engaged in employment law disputes must first exhaust all administrative remedies before filing a civil lawsuit. If you wish to challenge an administrative ruling, special rules will apply to appeal the decision. Namely, you must file a writ within a designated time frame. If you do not, you may lose your right to file a civil lawsuit.

In addition to our administrative appeals practice, our law firm maintains a strong employment law practice, so we understand all aspects of these multifaceted cases. Our team can best advise on administrative remedies and appeals, as well as file civil lawsuits.

Contact Our Firm To Appeal Administrative And Trial Decisions

If you need legal guidance for your appellate matter, contact our law firm by email or by calling our San Diego office at 619-780-2820 or our Palm Springs office at 760-501-0615 for a free consultation. We can help you understand your rights and how to proceed.